Knowing how to punish a child is not easy. There are certain types of punishments that we should never give. But they also send the circumstances, the child’s attitude, his emotional state. The psychologists give us guidelines to know when not to punish and what ineffective punishments are never appropriate.
To educate is to teach the child to repress certain behaviors and for this, it is sometimes necessary to punish. The objective can never be revengeful type ” that, you pay me !”. It is about the child learning to repress his impulses and avoid those undesirable behaviors. Continue reading: 15 Amazing Tips to Study Well for A Test
To reach our goal, it is important not to make mistakes in the type of punishment that, in order to be effective, must be infrequent. There are situations that should not be punished because, in addition to being ineffective, it would be unfair.
The ineffective punishments to avoid always
There are many types of ineffective punishments to try to correct children’s misbehavior. However, there are three that, according to the child psychologists, is totally inadvisable:
– The physical punishment that, in addition, is punishable by law.
– The sanctioned, which involves the withdrawal of privileges such as leaving the child without a dessert, or reprimands because they damage self-esteem and encourage lying to children.
– The humiliating ones, like putting his face to the wall or making him copy 100 times “that is not done”, because they cause emotional damage and do not repair the negative attitude. You may lie also: http://ledmain.com/2017/12/05/the-6-best-cardio-exercises-to-burn-calories/
But, in addition, there are certain circumstances in which a child should not be punished:
- If he is sick, then what could justify his bad behavior may be especially irritable. Be patient and conciliatory while you are sick.
- If you have not had a bad intention or you have done it without wanting. Ask him to apologize and forget.
- When you are not clear if he is the author of the mischief. In case of doubts, better abstain.
- When there are extraordinary events in your environment, such as a divorce, a change of address, the death of a family member, the birth of a brother … The emotional impact you are experiencing is the reason for the misconduct. Instead of looking at her, try to reassure her, talking about what she is feeling inside.
- When he is very scared and sorry for what he has done. Accept his apologies and move on to something else.
If you are tired, is hungry or sleepy, it will not respond or your ads or your reprimands. If you are not ahead when you committed the infraction. It is the adults who were with him who must do ineffective punishments.