In this type of exams, there are only one or very few questions. You must develop the written response in a limited time. Usually from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4. You find yourself and the paper in front of the question. No calculations of any kind are usually required. It is a test in which the speed of writing plays a crucial role. In this article, we are going to talk about how to improve writing speed for examination.
How to improve writing speed?
- The greater the dominion on the matter of the examination, the greater the probability of obtaining the maximum note.
- The high speed of writing alone is not the most important; here the quality is imposed on the quantity.
- You require explanatory text, no digress and respond only thing they ask you.
- It is not necessarily fulfilled that the more information you contribute, the higher note you will get; if the information is superfluous, it is of more.
- Simplicity and Clarity are better than Complexity; think that who is going to correct the exam will usually have many more writings than yours and will appreciate the presence of the first two in front of the third.
- If you start the exam writing at maximum speed, you will be typing slowly in a few minutes.
- Going to the exam without having done previous simulations, is like participating in a race without having run before ever.
- As in so many other things, practice is the key.
- Your emotional state affects your writing speed.
- Your physical condition affects your writing speed.
- Not only do you need to be able to write quickly, you also need to know what to write and how to write it.
- If before writing you already have in mind the structure or the Mental Map of what you are going to capture on paper, 50% of the work is already done.
- If you have the possibility and the time to draw the Mental Map of the content that you will develop in writing on an exam sheet, do it first of all.
- Accompany the explanation of a concept with a simple drawing (as long as it provides greater clarity and the plot takes a minimum time).
- It’s more important to show that you know a little bit about everything than everything from just one thing.
- If you do not master the terminology (vocabulary, symbols, nomenclature) that is expected of you but you do know the answer, never leave it blank. Express it how you want. Show that you know the answer.
- Before writing something without knowing anything about it and risking it to fail miserably, leave the answer blank.
- Keeping track of time is important but should never become an obsession