Being a post-secondary student can be challenging with schoolwork, extracurricular activities and a social life to balance. If you are a student, read on and learn how to maximize your productivity.
1. Limit time spent on social media
Social media is one of the biggest waste of time for young people today.
- Impose rules: set time slots during which you can view social media and restrict yourself to these ranges.
- If you cannot limit your social media usage, you can download a site blocker that will block access to social media during certain times or from certain computers.
You may also like to read: Tips to make the best school album possible
2. Delegate tasks
If you are working on group projects or participating in extracurricular activities with others, delegate as many activities as possible.
- You may like to keep control over all aspects of a project, but delegating certain tasks to others will allow you to perform other tasks more effectively.
- During group projects, allow each group member to do a sufficient amount of work.
- As part of your extracurricular activities, build a team and ensure that workloads are fair within the team.
3. Set Small Objectives
- When you have a scheduled exam, start preparing it one or two weeks before, rather than trying to learn everything in one or two nights.
- Study every night for half an hour will help, you have better test results and will save you from having to memorize a huge amount of information at one time.
4. Take breaks
- Even if you have a heavy workload, it is important to take breaks to optimize your productivity. Force yourself to stand up and walk 5 minutes every 2 hours or so.
- You will be more productive after a break than you will if you had sat working for long hours.
5. Make a list of things to do
- Schoolchildren and university students have so much to do that they need to make lists in order to set priorities. List the most urgent projects at the top of the list, followed by longer-term projects.
- Respect the order of tasks in the list to make sure that you do not forget any of them, and try to start each day with the most important tasks.